The Saint Gomarus or Westerkerk church is a 3-aisled hall church whose construction started around the year 1470. The original building plan must have included a tower at the western end of the main aisle, but the tower was never realised. A freestanding wooden clock tower was erected to the east of the church in 1533 or later, which is still standing strong. The church has never lost its character. Special attractions are its choir screen (1547), pulpit (1566), organ (1549) and library. The tombstone covered floor is also very interesting.