The church is a late Gothic hall church with three aisles. The Southern aisle shares a roof with the nave. The church floor was raised in 1639, most likely to create more room for graves. As a result, the foundations of the pillars beneath the present church floor have disappeared. In 1866 the church was reduced by about 20 metres due to deterioration. Both choirs on the east-side and an extension on the north-side were demolished. Eight stained windows located in the choir disappeared as a result. One window is known to have ended up in a mansion at Guernsey. In 1902 the church was renovated once again, where the walls were plastered with Portland cement.