Amsterdam Cruise Port (ACP), is a non-profit association and all our participants work in the cruise industry. Several authorities and businesses participate and work together to provide the best possible service to cruise companies. The members offer a package of shipping and tourist services in support of cruise calls. Partners are The Port of Amsterdam, the Passenger Terminals in Amsterdam and IJmuiden, the port authority, port agents, incoming tour operators, various attractions and tourist service providers, hotels, local and provincial authorities.
Amsterdam Cruise Port coordinates the rivier cruise project in cooperation with the following destinations in the region; Amsterdam, Alkmaar, Den Helder, Enkhuizen, Haarlem, Hoorn, Huizen, Lelystad, and Medemblik, as well as Zaanstad (Zaandam and Zaanse Schans). All these destination have invested considerably in their cruise facilities over the last years and would be happy to welcome cruise vessels in their harbours. The environment is defined by water, vast polders, nature reserves, flower fields, picturesque villages, windmills and lively harbours, contoured by a boundless coastline.
The organisation ACP aims to be an active network organisation in which all parties work together in an aimable, smart and responsible manner to be able to guarantee an optimal service for our guests.
- Two social networking events
- During our social networking events we invite all our members to get together and discuss the upcoming cruise season or close of the season.
- Commissioning research
- Every year we request cruise details from our member-harbours and analyse the data to present to our partners, the municipalities and governments.
- Two lectures on “current” cruise events
- The 2 lectures we organise give our partners the opportunity to get better informed about cruise topics and exchange thoughts during the social gettogether after.
- Promotional mission with dinner
- Every other year we invite tour operators and shipping companies to visit the ACP region. During this two-day event we give our member municipalities the opportunity to highlight their harbours, cities and tourist attractions.
- Sea Trade Cruise Global
- Together with some of our participants we visit the Sea Trade Cruise Global to promote the ACP region.
- ACP Brochure
- The ACP brochure is created to give tour operators and shipping companies an almanac of the ACP region. With this brochure it is easy to create new trips to the ACP area. All ACP partners can advertise in this brochure at a reduced rate.
- All partners are mentioned on our website and have the opportunity to ad detailed information and links to their own websites.
- ACP gives out two types of newsletters, the cruise newsletter and the partner newsletter. In the newsletters we give our members the opportunity to inform readers on upcoming events and look back on events. We also use the newsletter to inform the readers on developments in the cruise industry.